Tuesday, October 28, 2008

HAPPY HALLOWEEN :)





Last night was the much awaited Pumpkin Carving Family Night! We have been waiting for this since the beginning of October when Nathan and I picked out three pumkins. Nathan has been talking about "three pumpkins" and halloween all month. He is very excited. Sadly, one of our pumpkins gave up the ghost before we could hack into him so you will only see two carved masterpieces in the photo! Nathan and Dad's pumpkin HAD to involve a spider somehow, of course and you may think Myah and Kyle's pumpkin is a pirate. On the contrary...it is a "dragon with an eyepatch", as I was informed after I called it a pirate ("Just look at the nose" Myah said!). For the first time in our Basset Family lifetime we roasted pumpkin seeds. Myah was an expert seed washer and had a very innovative method of washing the seeds that could not be interfered with! With the teamwork of Mom and Daughter Bassett the end result was deliciously salty pumpkin seeds with a little kick (Tapatio Sauce). We also put up our decorations and Kyle worked very carefully with our creepy spiders, wrapping them around a pumpkin so they wouldn't blow away in the wind. I think I would classify the night as "successful". Usually, any night we spend together as a family is a success, if you choose to ignore the rivalry, "one-ups" and bossing around that is so prevalent at any Spencer and Heather Bassett family gathering.

P.S. Please disregard our fashion conscious children and their unmatching PJ's (I swear they have matching sets of PJ's, but you would never know it) and particularly Kyle's inside out and backwards shirt?!?! Hey if that is what it takes to be comfortable then go for it!

5 comments:

-Special Mothertivity- said...

So fun. Don't you just love having FHE?! The pumpkins look great!

Linda said...

Amazingly talented children. Of course having brilliant parents is not a hinderence! I LOVE the pumpkins and spider, and Myah looks cold. Can I ever identify with that! Janelle carved a spooky pumpkin here. It looks quite eery with the candle light flickering in it.

Karla said...

I love it! It looks great.

A little birdie told me Spencer might be running in the Marathon in May. . .

Tiff and Kyle said...

Of course it's dragon. It's a fine looking dragon.
And the best and most comfortable clothes are the ones that don't match.

H&HJohnsen said...

I love your blog. It is so fun to see your family. We miss you guys alot. HOpe you have a fabulous Halloween. Love to all, the Johnsens