This week was full of activities. We started off by sending Dad on a work trip to Houston. Kinda stinks to have him gone, but he got some good eating/vistiting time in with Andrea and John (Heather's sister and her husband) while he was there. The day Daddy left we inherited a little friend for the week. Molly, our friend Brooke and Mark's dog came to stay with us while they traveled. The kids were thrilled to have a dog around. Nathan especially loved having Molly here. I am not real sure how Molly felt about Nathan since he "loved" her a little too much at times. This picture shows how much Nathan "loved" Molly (poor thing). He decided that Molly needed a bed and not just any bed, but a laundry basket bed lined with none other than his own precious blankey! Now that's love, if you ask me:) Molly actually did like hanging out in the laundry basket! Molly was in tow to soccer games and practices this week, too. I felt like a great dog-sitter until Sunday afternoon, 4 hours before Brooke and Mark got back from their trip, I let her out into our backyard for a bit and she got out! Yikes! Luckily, after 10 minutes of utter panic we found her down the street nose to the wind. Thanks heavens. That was close and now Molly is safe at her own home.
Sunday, October 26, 2008
This Week
This week was full of activities. We started off by sending Dad on a work trip to Houston. Kinda stinks to have him gone, but he got some good eating/vistiting time in with Andrea and John (Heather's sister and her husband) while he was there. The day Daddy left we inherited a little friend for the week. Molly, our friend Brooke and Mark's dog came to stay with us while they traveled. The kids were thrilled to have a dog around. Nathan especially loved having Molly here. I am not real sure how Molly felt about Nathan since he "loved" her a little too much at times. This picture shows how much Nathan "loved" Molly (poor thing). He decided that Molly needed a bed and not just any bed, but a laundry basket bed lined with none other than his own precious blankey! Now that's love, if you ask me:) Molly actually did like hanging out in the laundry basket! Molly was in tow to soccer games and practices this week, too. I felt like a great dog-sitter until Sunday afternoon, 4 hours before Brooke and Mark got back from their trip, I let her out into our backyard for a bit and she got out! Yikes! Luckily, after 10 minutes of utter panic we found her down the street nose to the wind. Thanks heavens. That was close and now Molly is safe at her own home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Loved the pictures....AND I ABSOLUTELY LOVE a brown sugar sandwich! Bread, butter and Brown Sugar. It just doesn't get better than that! Next time I get to see Nathan, we'll have to have a Brown Sugar Sandwitch together.. Just what Mom needs from Grandma! Great posting. Loved it!
Molly looks just how I pictured her! She has really sweet little eyes! I am glad that she enjoyed the special bed that Nathan so selflessly made for her with his own blankey! Someday, Charlie will learn to appreciate everything that Nathan has to offer him! hehehe!
I was taken for a loop at the fact that there were so many new posts of your's for me to read. Way to go!
Oh that is just tender! Molly looks like my parents dog. Amelia loves him too! (and like Nathan, it can be a little too much love...) I can't believe he let her use his blankey! That IS love!
Did the experience make you want ot have a dog of your own? I know it did for your kids. :)
Post a Comment