Wednesday, April 16, 2008

1, 2, 3, Not it!

What were you doing 5 years ago?
I was living in Syracuse, NY and was waiting for the snow to melt away. We had just bought our beloved black Durango and only had two kids. Ahh. Life was so easy back then. No day job and no student loan payments who could ask for more?

What were you doing 10 years ago?
We lived in Tigard, OR. I had been married for almost two years. I was working full time and expecting my first child. I think it was right around the time Annie (my sis) came to Portland for the weekend. She highlighted my hair (my first time and hers, too). I ended up with two yellow racing stripes on the top of my head! We laughed so hard I probably peed my pants. I do that quite often, sadly, but then again that was before the birth of my first child so maybe I didn't pee my pants.

5 things on my to-do list today:
1. exercise
2. play chauffer to 3 kids and a husband
3. play catch and pitch with Kyle
4. finish a baby gift for a friend
5. plan menu for two brunches

Snacks I enjoy:
1. any kind of dip with cream cheese, sour cream or the likes.
2. watermelon
3. cookie dough! (my sister and I still think that the calories in cookie dough shouldn't count!)
4. hummus and pita chips
5. easy cheese (gross I know!) and wheat thins
6. sushi
7. Cheetos (puffy!)
8. Samoas (AKA Caramel Delights)
9. Oh Henry Bars
10. Auntie Anne's Pretzels
12. Coconut Shrimp
13. Dad's smoked salmon or steelhead!
14. Cheese Fondue
15. Fresh Salsa and Chips (and Guacamole if I am lucky)
16. Okay, I'll stop. I could really go on, but someone might notice my abnormal obsession with food and refer me to a psyc. center. Which might not be a bad idea :)

Bad Habits:
1. Chewing on my lips and or mouth! Why do I do that?
2. Yelling at my kids.
3. Picking zits that aren't quite ready, thus making big scabs on my face.
4. Wasting time on the phone.
5. Eating like a self-loathing glutton.

If I were suddenly a billionaire, I would...probably do the same thing most people would
1. PAY OFF STUDENT LOANS (darn private school tuition!)
2. buy a nice sized house.
3. buy Nintendo stock! (should've done it John)
4. put away college tuition
5. buy a great cabin in the mountains
6. buy a fun beach house
7. travel to lots of different places
8. make sure our parents are taken care of
9. invest

5 Places I've lived:
1. Phoenix, AZ
2. Challis, ID
3. Portland, OR
4. Syracuse, NY
5. Alexandria, VA

5 Jobs I've had:
1. Kitchen Assistant in Retirement Home
2. Sales Associate in Department Store
3. Group Fitness Instructor/Reception in Health Club
4. Seceratary in Civil Engineering Firm
5. Tax Prep.
6. Mommy (I know that is six!)

5 things people might not know about me:
1. I loved catching lizards and snakes when I was little (we lived in AZ). The neighborhood boys used to come knock on the door to ask if could catch the little creatures for them :)
2. I used to shoot some pretty sweet white water rapids when I was in grade school. We lived in Idaho and my parents caught white water fever and bought a raft. We had so much fun, which is funny because....
3. I am SCARED of water, deep water that is and I hate getting my face or head wet! When I am in a river or lake water skiing or the likes, I kick my feet as hard as I can so that no fish will nibble on my toes! Pretty ridiculous, I know, especially for a girl who catches snakes, lizards and frogs.
4. I am petrified of speaking in public. My body does not cope well with "all eyes on me". When I have been asked to speak I have been know to get heart palpitations, diarreah/vomiting, dizziness. Not a good feeling. Just because I said that I will be asked to speak in church soon :(
5. My high school 4x100meter relay team still holds the school record, district record and a couple of other Meet records! Ahhh....the glory days!

5 comments:

-Special Mothertivity- said...

can I say that I love your snack list?! some of those are meals, but if you prefer them as snacks- more power to ya! Its nice to know more about you via the blog tag... Scared of water, but loves to white water raft?... that is funny. Try not to worry about speaking, you'll do fine. I'm sure of it!

Amy said...

I learned a lot of things about you! You're so cool.

Linda said...

I met you 12 years ago at Mother's week at Rick's.....WOW, I think I learned more about you in this blog than the past 12 years. I always knew you are awesome, now I know why! You are a fun loving
REAL person that loves life.

Rain in My Head said...

Love this post. . .We should make all our friends do this. . Can't believe all the things I didn't know about you. :)

EFN Newsletter said...

Who knew those mad kitchen skills came form a retirement home?