Sunday, March 7, 2010
Not a professional...
This weekend I tried a new recipe from my Paula Deen "Best Desserts" book (Thanks Mel!). It was Key Lime Mousse Cake. I am normally a chocolate person...I am a Wendler you know...but have a soft spot for lime and Spencer is a big lime/lemon lover so I thought this would be a good recipe to try. This cake is loaded. It has 24 oz. of cream cheese, 2 cups whipped cream, 2 cups of sugar and 10oz of white chocolate in it! Yikes! Not for the faint of heart. Since I was going to be serving this cake to guests I wanted it to be presentable. I love presentation! I spent at least 30 minutes carefully shaving white chocolate curls for the top of the cake. Toward the end of my labors my lovely and painfully honest daughter came into the kitchen to observe. After a minute of observation she patted me and said, "Don't worry Mom, the only reason hers looks better than yours is because she's a professional."....hmmm. Here are the results of my Key Lime Mousse Cake, which, by the way, was delicious to the taste.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
OH! How I wish I were the company you were going to be serving that to! YUM!
I think it's magazine beautiful!
Pass along the recipe when you get a chance.
ooooh, Heather, this looks amazing. It is funny - I am the chocolate person, Doug is the citrus dessert person in our family too. Though I would definitely switch sides for a piece of this!
You could be a professional! Well, that is, according to ME. :)
I think you should post the recipe!
Did you hear we can't come in June?? We are bummed but Tim is teaching at UVU which is SUPER exciting!
Love and miss you guys!
Any chance you can post the recipe? It looks WONDERFUL! I think I am the third request :)
Ambitious undertaking - i love the chocolate curls. It's much prettier than anything i make!
That looks so yummy! I agree with everyone post the recipe, Please!!
WOW that is beautiful! I think I'll be request number 4 for the recipe!
yummm...send me the link...i'm shooting you a delicious fish recipe i made tonight!!
Post a Comment