Friday, April 3, 2009

The Mini Man in Black


Kyle sang "Ring of Fire" by Johnny Cash for our church talent show. He was so brave and was the only child to do anything all by himself. Now that takes some serious kahuna's if you ask me. I was so nervous for him I was shaking through the whole song. After the performance I went back to congratulate him. The first thing he said to me was, "Everyone was STARING at me"! I am sure anyone who has performed in front of a crowd knows how he felt. I am so happy that my kids' are courageous enough to do this kind of thing. They take after their ever-loving father in this way. For me it is terrifying to be the center of attention.

Since then I have had a couple of people tell me that their children have memorized the song and are ready to sing it at the next talent show. Kyle is my sweet, patient, quiet, laid back, sensitive kid. Not an attention seeker. Who knew Kyle could be so inspiring?! I did:)

2 comments:

amy greenway said...

Nice! We had our talent show a few weeks ago and it was a riot. Good for Kyle, going it alone!

I had my mom check out your blog the other day to see how beautiful your kids are. SUCH a good lookin' crew.

-Special Mothertivity- said...

Oh how sweet! I wish we could have been there. I'm sure he did such a great job- yeah, serious guts!