Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Freedom?!?!

Well after nearly 13 years of having a little one at home, the nest is now empty (at least during the day). This morning was bitter-sweet seeing Nathan get on the bus, but the bitterness was swallowed up in the sweet thoughts of accomplishing so much with so little interruptions... or so I thought.

Approximately 20 minutes into my work-out, I was called by the school informing me that Nathan would not be allowed to attend class today because he did not have a current physical on file. I was so upset. We had just finished jumping through hoops to make sure Kyle had an updated physical (thanks Dad), but we had never been informed that Nathan was delinquent...

In fact, in my defense, I called the school three weeks ago, after an in person visit, to make sure Nathan was good-to-go. Further, last Thursday at orientation, school officials let me know Nathan was "all set." So I was a little livid when I received the call this morning.

Nevertheless, after toting him around the city, on my first day of freedom, we accomplished the physical and Nathan was able to make the last half of the day.

He was so excited about school when we got him off the bus, and has spoken of little else since coming home.

Again, I find myself back in the bitter-sweet turmoil of being "Mom."






3 comments:

Tami said...

So sad you had to spend your day at the dr. Tyler got sent home the last day of school.
I miss ya! We need to get together and be crafty!

tarryn said...

oh brother!

cute pics though! can't wait to see ya...

BAja said...

https://www.cekaja.com/info/6-penyebab-penuaan-dini-pada-wajah