Friday, August 22, 2008
Yet Another Mishap With The Dreaded SHARPIE
There have been four Sharpie mishaps in the Bassett household to date. The first...Syracuse, NY 2003, Mom in shower getting ready for church, Dad attending a early morning church meeting, Myah playing innocently in the living room, Kyle discovering the brilliant contrast of a permanent marker and the computer monitor, toy box, wall, computer chair, computer desk, computer keyboard, the door and some other miscellaneous toys. The second...Alexandria, VA 2005, Mom in the kitchen cooking dinner Nathan in the living room decorating the brown leather couch with scribbles of black Sharpie. After this incident every Shaprie in the house was collected and put on a shelf way up out of even my (Heather) reach. On occasion one will get taken out and mindlessly left with in reach of an all to willing "artist" (I know we are slow learners!). The third...Alexandria, VA 2006, don't know where anyone was or what they were doing, but cleary Nathan was unattended as he created a vivid red and black mural on the wall in Myah's room. Needless to say they rarely get taken out and if I ever find one left out I am ready to throw down. There is nothing worse than scrubbing until your arm is ready to fall off or painting a whole room to clean up these messes. I am happy to report that the fourth incedent did not occur within the walls of my own home, nor was it my careless act in leaving out the office drawer that held a most irresistable JUMBO Shaprie (can't blame my sister for not having kids...he he). Nathan went all out this time and decided to go with some body work this time adorning his face with beard and mustache and his arms with some nice racing stripes. I learned that acetone takes the stuff right off off your skin (don't know what damage it might do to his body...) and had cleaned some of it off before I took this picture. Solid proof of a memory that we can laugh at someday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
wow... that is one biggg sharpe. Remember in Portland Myah found mom and my make-up when she was suppose to be napping.
Purple and red all over her body.
Yeah, I must take the blame for that one....come to find, a little bit of sharpie did end up on one wall....just a teensy bit! I laughed in remembrance of what his face looked like! Little lumberjack!
i love the new look!
ok, that is hillarious! I can't believe that you have such trouble with sharpies! I hope my children don't follow suit.
Post a Comment